In 1953, the first candidates from India joined the Congregation. After two years of Novitiate, the first two Sisters from India - one from Mhow (Sr. Emilian Sebastian) and another from Kerala (Sr. Marion Chemmanoor) made their first commitment on the 6 th of January 1958, in St. Raphael's Convent, Indore, presided by Rt. Rev. Bishop Simons SVD, of Indore Diocese. Sr. Itwara Zimmermann (from USA) was the Regional Superior of that time. Vocations began to come from various parts of India and the number of Sisters slowly yet steadily increased. The first two Indian Sisters made their Final Commitment on the 2nd of January 1964 in St. Raphael's Convent, Indore. a good beginning of the steady growth of sisters in India. . Indore became a nucleus of a series of missionary actives in different parts of Madhya Pradesh.
In the succeeding years the Indian Region grew and expanded to various parts of India.
In 1965, Sr. Micheal Zotopa came to India as the new Regional Superior.
She found Bangalore as a suitable place for the Regional House and Novitiate since most of the vocations were from south and the climate and availability of various educational facilities.
In 1970, the Regional House as well as Novitiate was shifted from Indore to Bangalore. The new building was blessed and integrated on June 5, 1971. In 1983, the Indian Region was raised to the status of a province and Sr. Alician Vazhapilly became the first provincial superior in India. The province celebrated the Silver Jubilee in 1995.
In March 1995 the One Indian Province was divided into three provinces –
1. Spirit of Divine Love, India south
2. Province of Divine Word, India East
3. Province of Divine Providence India central
4. Province of Holy Trinity India North East
India south includes 5 of the southern states of India: Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.